DJ Kurs 1 - Basics
mandag 31. mars 2014 kl. 17:00 på S2 og ett annet tidspunkt
• Introduction & Demonstration
• Overview of the course and where you will be at the end of the course.
Equipment and Functions
• The Turntable & the functions of the turntable
• The CDJ Player & the functions of the CDJ player
• The Mixer & the functions of the mixer
• The Amplifier & Speakers & the functions of the amplifier and speakers
• How to set up a DJ sound system.
• How to check for problems and “follow the source” problem solving technique.
Music Structure Part I (Beats & Beatmatching)
• The purpose of beatmatching and why we do it.
• How to find the first beat of the bar.
• What is a BPM and how to calculate it.
• The theory of beatmatching
• The technique of matching 2 records together manually
• Beatmatching using the cue and headphones
• Mix your first 2 tunes together for the class
• How to Drop Mix
• How to Cut
• How to Blend
• Basic EQ’ing
• Introduction to Serato Scratch &/or Traktor